WELCOME TO THE BIRDS is a series of events across the East Asian-Australasian and Central Asian Flyways to raise awareness of the wonder of our migrating birds. BirdLife International and the Royal Society for Protection of Birds (RSPB; BirdLife in the UK) are partial funding for these events. Viet Nature Conservation Centre is the host in Vietnam.
We are welcome everyone who loves nature, interested in bird watching activity, in one of nine major migratory waterbird flyways around the globe and care about placing importance on the need to protect flyway key sites. You can register with us today and find more information about this annual event by contact to Ms. Hoa Do via her email address: email@example.com
Taking part in this enjoyable sightseeing, you only need to pay for your own accommodation. BirdLife International and Viet Nature grant for transportation, workshops and help participants in booking room, meals… Please find details in our invitation and in our website:http://thiennhienviet.org.vn
NOTE: THERE ARE 40 AVAILABLE SPACES — REGISTRATION OPEN ON FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE BASIS
WELCOME TO THE BIRDS 2014
29-30 November 2014, Xuan Thuy National Park, Nam Dinh province.
Viet Nature and Xuan Thuy National Park invite all of you to join Welcome to the Birds event from 29th to 30th November at Xuan Thuy National Park, Nam Dinh province. Details:
- Raising awareness of protecting the environment, especially wild birds.
- Improving knowledge about birds’ migration, and the need of preserving any site along their migratory flyway.
- Observation and taking photos of many varieties of birds and natural scenes.
- Conservation experts.
- Birders, photographers.
7:00 – 11:00 Travel from Hanoi to Xuan Thuy National Park.
11:30 – 13:00 Lunch time.
13:30 – 15:30 Conference.
- The Opening of Welcome to the Birds 2014.
- Illustration of bird migration.
- Introduction of Xuan Thuy National Park and its importance for migratory birds’ stopover sites and wintering sites.
15:30 – 17:30 Birdwatching training and practice.
19:00 Dinner time.
6:00 – 10:00 Sightseeing the Park and joining “Xuan Thuy Birdathon” competition.
10:30 – 11:30 Summarise, all teams report about the trip and given prizes.
12:00 – 13:30 Lunch time.
14:00 – 17:00 Travel back to Hanoi.
- Travelling expenses on Hanoi – Xuan Thuy and Nam Dinh – Hanoi routes; T-shirts; workshop stationary; the competition’s prizes are paid by Viet Nature.
- Xuan Thuy National Park has a 50% discount on rental (150.000 VND per double/ triple room each night);
- 700.000VND each participant (this money includes rental for 1 night, 4 meals, water, and boat transportation cost in Xuan Thuy).
When making a registration, participant has to pay 200,000 VND / person in advance to be placeholders and reservations. The remaining amount will be collected when the trip started.
If you have any inquiries about diet and food allergies, please register with Ms. Hoa.
- This activity is not a tour, so the cost does not include travel insurance;
- If the participant is under 18 years old, he/she must have a commitment of their parents/ guardian;
- Due to the limit of the number of seats in cars and rooms in Xuan Thuy National Park’s guest house, we intend to only get a maximum of 40 registrations in this event.
Ms. Do Minh Hoa, Viet Nature Conservation Centre.
Tel. +84 4 6278 1380 Mob. +84 (0) 9 8829 7604 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org